Nintendo 3DS Video Capture Board
Order page is HERE.
Details & limitations. Read before you decide to buy.
- Video from both screens are output over a USB connection.
- For original 3DS only. 3DS XL/LL not supported (yet).
- Software runs on Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8. A fairly recent multi-core CPU is recommended. Mac is not officially supported, but you can find software for it here.
- The software can record .AVIs, take .PNG snapshots, or just be used as a display.
- Audio capture over USB is in development and currently experimental, you can find test software here. Otherwise sound can be recorded from the 3DS headphone jack with a standard 3.5mm audio cable.
- Only 2D video is output for now. 3D capture is planned for later.
- The card does not appear as a standard capture device (like a webcam, etc) to other software; you need to use the provided viewer software (link below). You can use another program for recording or live streaming, but it needs to be one capable of doing screen capture (Camtasia, Fraps, XSplit, etc).
Software (last update 19 Feb. 2014) Changelog
Troubleshooting / FAQ